Browsing Przestrzenie Teorii, 2007, nr 7 by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 25
Results Per Page
- Item„Ach, bal więc bal!" - polifoniczność dialogu w Za kulisami Norwida i Operetce Gombrowicza(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Jarząbek, DorotaThe article presents some reflections on a dramatic motive of a bali (including a masked bali) in Polish 19,h and 20,h century drama, and tightly connected with this a problem of a polilogue (dialogue of a group of people as opposed to an ordinary dialogue with two persons involved). A masked bali in a drama gives an opportunity to show various ways of concealing and creating one's personality. It may be used as a sharp satirical cabaret, a grotesque composition on the edge of reality and dream (Za kulisami) or a kind of metaphor for processes of a human History (Operetka). Ali the cases are based on a fruitful use of a polilogue. It enables a playwright to intensify dramatic action, to give the show some scenic shine and colours, and also to penetrate into the question of characters' ontology: their existence in the polyphonic dialogue as a real being or a sketch, a sign of a person, a chorus or simply a background.
- ItemCzas melancholii - czasem przemian (transgresji) czy czasem destrukcji?(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Tański, MarekThe main objective of the article is to discuss the time of melancholy. The author tries to triangulate the definition of the time of melancholy with the classic Freud model, concentrating on the role of the back reflects in every activities, lower of feeling and the needs for a system of morał values, untill to the self-assucusation and especially the expectation onto punishment. The starting point of this article has been organized in the model of the constantly repetition of the doubt, including the sceptical oneself-reflection, which does not onto no transgression (the characteristic point of the first stage). The time of melancholy (in the second stage) begins in to remind of the time of transgression, including the evaluating of internal area. To see the issue in a broad perspective, the author takes into account the relation between a man and his undertakings, such as: eftorts to be a through man, free from the despair, abandonments of lost object and in necessity to retrieval of oneself.
- ItemCzy jest możliwa inna historia teorii (literatury)?(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Ulicka, DanutaThis article binds several problems in which literature specialists are interested: in reference to the famous disputes about the theory of literature it indicates the need to redefine it, proposes is conceptualisation as a cultural opinion (utterance), justifies this need by the analysis of historical factual realisations of "theory" and conditions which reduced (monologised) them, and finally - it refers to the question of actuality of the "post-modern breakthrough" and the "turns" which announce it. The documentation of the proposed theses which revise the existing interpretations of history of the theory is being searched in the Central and East European literary studies of the beginning and the first decades of the 20th century, which has always been considered as the founding one for the discipline, however, sińce recently also as the source one for the analysis of the status of the utterances (opinions) expressed in it. The question asked in the title of this article about the possibility of another history of the theory resolves just in reference to the previous, nowadays mechanically enlivened projects of theory.
- ItemDlaczego nie daje się lub dlaczego nie można opisać gry aktorskiej(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Świontek, Paweł
- ItemDoświadczenie a gender w literackim i filozoficznym dyskursie oświecenia i romantyzmu (zarys problematyki)(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Kraskowska, EwaThe aim of this article is to demonstrate close links between 'experience' as an epistemological notion and 'femininity' as a gender concept. Experience is considered here within two dichotomies: experience - reason; and experience - innocence. They are traced here mainly in the writings of Rousseau, Wollstonecraft, Krasicki, Mickiewicz, Blake and American Transcendentalists. Both dichotomies constitute an essential part of the Enlightenment and Romanticism thought, art and lifestyle. In particular they construct the code of sensibility, which highly influenced the 18lh and 19,h centuries aesthetics, spirituality and philosophy. As a result of the cult of sensibility in Western culture there appeared a peculiarly gendered figurę - that of a sensitive man, a feminized małe, capable of experiencing and showing strong emotions. By connecting maleness with features usually perceived as typically feminine, the latter gained higher cultural status. The counterpart for the sensitive man was a reasonable woman, a female person endowed with traditionally masculine intellectual capacities. The discourse of experience has a special meaning in William Blake's work and thought; here it is related to his anti-rationalist and antiscientific worldview, as well as to his apotheosis of Innocence as the State of elear insight into the true reality - one that is hidden behind the visible world. From Blake, via European Romanticists and American Transcendentalists it is possible to draw links to contemporary counterculture, environmental movements and theories (eco-criticism, eco-feminism) with their appreciation of soft feminine values.
- ItemHipertekst. Znamiona, badania, poetyka(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Siemianowski, Roberto
- ItemJeszcze teatr, czy już kino? Jeszcze kino, czy już teatr? O przestrzeniach wideo w spektaklach Heinera Goebbelsa, Roberta Lepage'a, Jose Montalvo*(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Olkusz, PiotrThe use of film techniques in theatre performances is no new invention. There are two distinguishable ways of doing this: in the first, media techniques are used on the stage only and bear no profound significance to the "actual core of the theatre" (Bśatrice Picon-Vallin, Les Les ścrans sur la scćne, Lausanne, 1998, p. 10), or rather, they are used to transform the "classic" theatrical approach (actor who "here and now" - immediately - expresses himself). With the second method, the use of multimedia cannot be considered as an optional part of performing arts: the introduction of multimedia creates profound theatrical relationships, although the "here and now" setting does not apply. (e.g. in the plays of Robert Lepage, Heiner Goebbels and Jose Montalvo). In view of the development and omnipresence of digital and interactive techniques, it seems that stage theatre intended to be "natural" can no longer ignore multimedia "as the actual core" of the theatrical relationship (it is not sufficient to simply show them on the stage). And similarly, the theory of stage theatre must modify its definitions in order to discuss this type of theatre which seeks to represent the relationships of today.
- ItemKolaż - rzeźbienie rzeczywistości(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Karpowicz, AgnieszkaThe birth of the technique of collage in the XXth century is the attempt to break through the borders between art and life. The art abandons fiction, for the first time annexing into its field waste and splinters of reality and next entering the real life. Anthropological understanding of artistic phenomena enables alternative to poststructuralist and postmodern view on the art of collage. It allows a constructive question to the phenomena to be posed and answered: what collage constructs, what it expresses and to what it reacts, whether it expresses the new consciousness? The slogan: "life itself is art and art is life" is the effect of collage, which participates in all genres and artistic forms that attempt to embrace non-artistic activities, melt into the sequence of events, act in the real space, conduct single actions, blowing over like events in the real life. Making art may be understood as the synonym for humanity. With the use the collage technique artists realize first of all that the artistic activity is part of reality and natural consequence of creative potential of humankind. Collage teaches how to locate pieces of art among other creative work. The collage technique shows that the Art is an everyday creation and output.
- ItemLiteratura do oglądania? Proza polska po 1989 roku pod naporem kultury wizualnej(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Lachman, MagdalenaThe article investigates the relationship between Polish fiction and a variety of aspects of visual culture. Contemporary culture has reached a stage in which images hołd central position. Consequently, word, as a medium of communication, is marginalised in favour of visual ways of conveying messages. Novels which have appeared after 1989 provide more than enough examples of close links between literature and visuality. Writers themselves are engaged in various projects which depart from traditional literature based on written text and engage in multi-media projects related to film, photography, advertisement or simply visual arts. Moreover, literary criticism accompanying new literature often falls back on visual imagery taken straight from visual arts; most literary reviewers find it handy to employ terms and concepts developed in the field of film criticism or used in writing about comic books and television. What is more, some writers take pride in creating literature designed to be watched rather than read. The inner mechanisms of literary market seem to promote visuality over textuality. Writers and critics want and love to occupy TV screens; they cultivate their public image and turn it into a marketable logo. Many PR strategies are involved to achieve fuli recognition of their name and work. The implied assumption behind these strategies is that literature alone is not attractive enough to be left outside of the reach of powerful media. This assumption can be seen not only in writers' public appearances but also in novels they write. Motifs, self-conscious comments, form and structure as well as typographic layout on the page are the basie means to emphasise that visuality remains at least as important as written text. The article presents the most significant devices used to visualise literature after 1989. Furthermore, it compares contemporary fiction with the modernist literature where most of these techniques originated from.
- ItemLiteraturoznawstwo jako roz-twarzanie. Problem podwójnego autorstwa w tekstach Tadeusza Rachwała i Tadeusza Sławka(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Bogalecki, PiotrThe essay is an attempt of rethinking a mode of authorship in literary science discourse of Tadeusz Rachwał and Tadeusz Sławek. Their texts is being compared with G. Deleuze and F. Guattari's method of collective writing and interpreted according to theories of J. Derrida, P. de Man and M. Foucault. Rachwał and Sławek's strategy of double authorship (which is not the same as traditional co-authorship) underlines the impossibility of recognition who is speaking in the text; therefore their collective books may be understood as a kind of performing theses which they contain (e.g. connected with poststructuralist "death of author" or a poet and God's mystical co-writing). Furthermore, double authorship leaves its marks on structure of text. We can see a lot of techniques which make Rachwał and Sławek's texts more complicated, e.g. fragmentary style of writing, using different types of typography and even creating an elements of visual poetry. These experiments and a new way of these texts' being in academic public sphere make them rather ethical than scientific - the ethic qualities and poetic function seem to be more important than the science typical cognitive functions. Because of unceasing underlining a linguistic aspect, the texts of Rachwał and Sławek may be read as examples of rhetorical type of ethic criticism. Not only do they ask about a significance of primary ethical ideas like friendship, community or responsibility, but also about an existence of category of author in literary studies after linguistic turn.
- ItemMetafora w kulturze popularnej. Przypadek graffiti(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Kraska, MariuszThe author acknowledges graffiti as a medium creating its own situation of communication. Referring to Scott Lash conception of regime of signification, he underlines that graffiti is critical and destructive to official cultural discourse. This is a kind of anarchistic revolt which is shown within graffiti by a metaphor. It means, unlike to other writings of culture, invalidation of a cognitive function to pragmatic one. One can prove that graffiti metaphor, as a kind of activity, is mainly used in language and through it. In the field of poetics it is presented by destruction of generał language forms, irony and humor, quotation and spelling variations as well as vulgarisms and purnonsens.
- ItemMiguel de Unamuno. Pomiędzy fikcją a rzeczywistością(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Kłosińska-Nachin, AgnieszkaThe article Miguel de Unamuno. Pomiędzy fikcją a rzeczywistością (Miguel de Unamuno. Between fiction and reality) is an author's metalepsy analysis, a phenomenon described by Gerard Cenette (Mśtalepse. De la figurę k la fiction, 2004), in three texts by Miguel de Unamuno: Vida de Don Quijote y Sancho (1905), Niebla (1914) and Cómo se hace una novela (1927). Author's metalepsy, defined as transgression of the limits of fiction by an author, existentional metalepsy (understood as a vision of the world based on doubt, concerning the status of reality) and reader's metalepsy (if he’s forced to transgression of the limits of fiction) are the inseparable parts of Unamuno's writing.
- ItemNietzsche i hermeneutyka współczesna(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Vattimo, Gianni
- ItemO spotkaniach literatury i komentarza w twórczości Witkacego(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Górska, IrenaIn Witkacy’s works literature and commentary meet one another incessantly. On one pole a phenomenon of dramatising of theoretical texts, e.g. aesthetic sketches is situated, and on the other the trick of playing theory within own, and on the other a trick of playing theory within own dramaturgy. Both these procedures allow the writer to assume different roles, thus various attitudes towards his own and others' theories. They both make it that the boundaries of literature and commentary are blurred. This also happens when Witkacy transfers his activities literally onto the margin [Marginalia filozoficzne komentarza (Philosophical trifles)]. The philosophical discourse played there in various forms (also plastic ones) makes it that the commented text and the commentary achieve equal status. Such a procedure also shows that reading is a performative act, and that the margin is no longer a marginal place.
- ItemO teatrze science fiction kilka uwag(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Dybizbański, MarekThe science fiction aesthetics has actually never created (formed) its own kind of drama and in spite of attempts undertaken several times it has not been feeling completely at home. Theoreticians (Theorists) of science fiction see the theatre as an inconvenient (troublesome) partner which "reveals the imitative character of the presented world and destroys the atmosphere of fantasticality". In the meantime the history of the science fiction drama reveals quite an astonishing regularity, namely it appears that the manner of creation of the science fiction stage illusion is completely independent of the degree of technical advancement of the theatrical machinery. The better the equipment of the theatre, the more modestly science fiction appears in it. Coexistence of fantasticality and theatricality in the works written for stage, however, does not occur without any conflict and is more often based on respecting of limitations (restrictions) resulting from the system rather than harmonious co-operation.
- ItemOsłabianie Nietzschego(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Zawadzki, AndrzejThe essay deals with Vattimo's interpretation of Nietzsche in the context of contemporary critical discussion concerning Nietzsche's heritage in the modern philosophy. In his early book II soggetto e la maschera. Nietzche e la problema della liberazione (1974) Vattimo tries to picture Nietzsche as a philosopher of emancipation, who announces both social liberation of humanity from political oppression and domination, and cultural liberation of the symbolical domain (values, symbols, senses) from metaphysics and its categories like substance, essence, stable, immutable being. In his later essays on Nietzsche, gathered in the volume entitled Dialogo eon Nietzsche, Vattimo concentrates on hermeneutical aspects of Nietzsche's philosophy and shows his influence on contemporary philosophical hermeneutics and theory of interpretation.
- ItemPodróż do granic aktorstwa w teatrze Krystiana Lupy(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Żółkoś, MonikaThe article deals with the description of originality and uniqueness of acting in Krystian Lupa's performances. Author describes the process of creating the fictional characters in his art as psychical work, which is based on privacy of an actor. Trying to criticize the stereotypes about Lupa's performances, the author makes comparison with Tadeusz Kantor's theatre and his approach to the actors.
- ItemRetoryka pamięci (z problemów mnemologii Vincenza)(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Kaczmarek, MichałThis article focuses on rhetoric of memory in Stanisław Vincenz's novel-cycle Na wysokiej połoninie, which, along with narratology, genology and other related issues, constitutes part of Vincenz's multi-aspect mnemology. The discussion on rhetoric of memory, as the art of expression (oral and written) marked mnemically and contributing to prose of memory, centers on certain sets defining linguistic, stylistic, rhetorical and mnemotechnical means, appearing in the form of words, phrases, metaphors, idioms, and other compositional and textual ways of expression etc., which are linked semantically, etymologically, metaphorically or functionally with the fundamental lexeme, i.e. "memory". The memory category inscribed in the Vincenz work is first of all viewed here in terms of style and linguistics taking mainly into account the issues concerning memory metaphors as primary figures in rhetoric of memory. Moreover, the problems of intertextual memory are outlined therein.
- Item„Sądy boże" opisane przez Witkacego i Gombrowicza(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Bocheński, TomaszThe article discusses two ways in which modernist writers represent a duel. Witkacy describes a dispute between an artist and a modern society which deprives it of its meaning i.e. an honour. Gombrowicz understands that artists has already lost his honour and therefore exposes duels as a deliberate deconstruction of matters of honour. Both deal with complex restitution of the meaning that is applied to art in the modern society.
- ItemSpis treści(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007)