Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://hdl.handle.net/10593/15933
Title: Cysterskie szkoły w Szczyrzycu od 1780 roku do lat trzydziestych XX wieku
Other Titles: Cistercian Schools in Szczyrzyc: c.a. 1780 until the 1930s
Authors: Marszalska, Jolanta M.
Keywords: education
Cistercians
Szczyrzyc
Reliogius school
Issue Date: 2013
Publisher: Poznańskie Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Nauk we współpracy z Zakładem Historii Wychowania, WSE UAM
Citation: Biuletyn Historii Wychowania, 2013, nr 30, s. 7-23.
Abstract: The goal of this article is to present a school operating as part of the Cistercian abbey in Szczyrzyc. In the 18th century, some Cistercian abbeys assumed the responsibility of establishing and managing elementary schools. It was also the case in Poland provided that the legislation of the respective empire (Russia, Prussia or Austria) allowed for such arrangements. The abbey in Szczyrzyc was in charge of the school facilities and competent teachers. While some of them were the local monks, a respective state authority supervised adherence to the curriculum. The first existing source of information about the school at the Cistercian abbey in Szczyrzyc comes from 1780. Despite numerous obstacles related to the political situation in the partitioned Poland, the abbey educated the local children continuously albeit more or less successfully until the middle of the 20th century, involving the monks in the education process.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10593/15933
ISSN: 1233-2224
Appears in Collections:Biuletyn Historii Wychowania, 2013, nr 30

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
01.pdf416.4 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
Show full item record



Items in AMUR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.