Now showing 1 - 5 of 11
- ItemEmocjonalizm czy symbolizm Norwida? Dyskusja z ujęciem liryki autora "Vade-mecum" przez Danutę Zamącińską(Wydawnictwo "Poznańskie Studia Polonistyczne", 2009) Rzońca, WiesławThe polemical article addresses and questions the findings and determinations given by Zamącińska, who treats Norwid's poetry as heavily marked emotionally which, according to the literary researcher and scholar, is decisive in assigning the poet to the generation of Romantics. Questioning the arguments given by Zamącińska, the present author points at a considerable decrease in individualism and direct expression in the writings of Norwid in favour of the so-called "quidamization", i.e. a forming process of underdetermined man and "one of the may". Concurrently, emotions find their way to the poetical image co-created by the description in which general notions constitute a substantial component. The poetics of conditionality, sensitivity to the changeability of the world and the momentous character of reality, and at the same time sensitivity to light, sphericity and multicolourness of poetical space are decisive in attributing the artistic workshop of Norwid to the aesthetics of the second half of the nineteenth century.
- ItemPolska "Dzikość serca" za pięćdziesiąt złotych. Kultura popularna w "Zrób mi jakąś krzywdę" Jakuba Żulczyka(Wydawnictwo "Poznańskie Studia Polonistyczne", 2009) Małecki, WojciechThe article presents an analysis of selected functions carried out by the popular cultural references in Żulczyk’s novel "Zrób mi jakąś krzywdę, czyli wszystkie gry wideo są o miłości". The first section of the article considers some methodological problems related to the subject matter of the article and discusses the book in view of Shusterman's aesthetic experience model in the aesthetic legitimization of popular art. The next section includes the analysis of the text and focuses on such issues as references to popular culture in the protagonist's characteristics. In the conclusion of the article, the author sums up that the popular culture threads are not included in the novel purely for decorative reasons but constitute it at a multi-tiered level and cannot be removed from the novel otherwise it would disrupt, or even destroy, its structure and thus, without some knowledge of the basic elements of pop culture, the reading and understanding of the book can be substantially impaired and incomplete.
- ItemFenomen kobiecości w wyobraźni poetyckiej Bolesława Leśmiana na tle europejskiej refleksji antropologicznej(Wydawnictwo "Poznańskie Studia Polonistyczne", 2009) Karwowska, MarzenaIn the early decades of the twentieth century the misogynist philosophical conceptions proposed by Schopenhauer, Nietzsche and Weininger exerted a particular influence upon the image of woman. In the literary output of Leśmian this phenomenon takes on the form decidedly divergent from the patterns prevalent at the time manifesting in the typical features of archetypal and mythical figures. In the construction of his literary lovers, Leśmian makes references to ritual symbolism. His almost hieratic female figures, notionally available to woman, guide the way in a possible passage between the beyond (spiritual world) and the world of mortals. The poet accentuates the analogies between the sacredness of woman and the sacrum of Tellus Mater and adopts the attitude of a neophyte who endows women with the power of initiation into the mystery of regeneration. The notional female figures created by Leśmian, with the typical for the poet positive and exhilarating valorization of woman's body, have the power of euphemising thanatical fears and anxiety. Leśmian treats the corporeal nature of woman as hierophany: a female, revealing the sacral character of the universe, forms and contributes to its spiritual order. Schopenhauer, Nietzsche and Weininger demythologize the phenomenon of femininity, Leśmian remythologizes it back again.
- ItemWidzieć siebie — z czasu minionego ("Tamten" Bolesława Leśmiana i "Kilkunastoletnia" Wisławy Szymborskiej)(Wydawnictwo "Poznańskie Studia Polonistyczne", 2009) Głowiński, MichałThe article presents a juxtaposition of the following two brilliant poems "Tamten" (from the collection of poems entitled "Napój cienisty", 1936) and "Kilkunastoletnia" (from the collection of poems entitled "Tutaj", 2009) that employ the same idea of an encounter with oneself – an adolescent person (in the former poem) and a teenage girl (in the latter). The poems exceed the literary convention of just a lyrical reminiscence of the past, they rather form a particular dialogue with the narrator as he/she was years ago, or even propose a kind of a confrontation. Both poems indirectly feature reflections on the passing time and on the author's identity. The poem written by Leśmian fits perfectly into his poetical system, both in terms of the introduction of metaphysical threads and the application of the elements of a love poem and in terms of the plot outline, somewhat reminiscent of his ballads. Szymborska's poem also concurs with her own poetics mostly due to the characteristic subtle auto-irony.
- ItemWojciech Stanisław Chrościński (ok. 1660—po 1733) — człowiek i dzieło(Wydawnictwo "Poznańskie Studia Polonistyczne", 2009) Teusz, LeszekThe article discusses the figure and the work of the poet from the Saxon times in Poland. The first part of the article presents some essential biographical data and his most important literary achievements – from his debut poem "Trąba wiekopomnej sławy...", through the translations of the Latin works of Ovid and Lucan, to poems written in the Polish language, such as Biblical poems and other cycles of poems. The other part of the article includes a discussion on the history of the reception of Chrościński's works and the opinions on his literary output given by literary critics and contemporary historians of literature. Diverse and not equivocal opinions emerge – from decidedly favourable to those more restrained and even critical. However, the popularity of the poems written by Chrościński in the seventeenth and the eighteenth centuries is remarkable. This popularity wanes in the course of time and slowly but steadily he becomes an unknown author, rarely recalled and selectively cited. The varied and divergent attitudes of historians of literature make us fully accept the following opinion given by Brückner: "Chrościński highly deserves a closer study of his literary output". Accordingly, the latter postulate is an invitation to a thorough and deepened investigation of the works of the poet.