Now showing 1 - 5 of 12
- ItemUrbanisation factor as a modifier of phenotypic development(Polskie Towarzystwo Antropologiczne, 1999) Kosińska, Magdalena; Kaliszewska-Drozdowska, Maria D.The purpose of the research was to analyse the causes of the physical development differenatiation of children (boys) coming from localities characterised by different degree of urbanisation. The material was collected over a span of ten years, from 1980 to 1990. It covered anthropometric measurements and data of an inquiry. The results confirmed the influence of the urbanisation variable. Urbanisation may be treated both as a socio-economic variable and as a life style variable. Cities create conditions for better development, which may be due to the fact that they are characterised by the stability of adventageous conditions.
- ItemAnalysis of morphological differences between prehistoric populations using a non-hierarchic method of data clustering(Polskie Towarzystwo Antropologiczne, 1999) Sołtysiak, Arkadiusz; Jaskulski, PiotrPresented in this paper non-hierarchic method of cluster analysis allows studying of morphological variability in big populations on the basis of individual characteristic of specimens. Test taken by the authors have confirmed correct results of the proposed algorithm and showed the role of proper preparation of data, choice of appropriate distance measure and importance of the process of interpretation the results of clustering.
- ItemPopulation of Nubia up to the 16th century BC(Polskie Towarzystwo Antropologiczne, 1999) Pudło, AleksandraThe article presents anthropological characteristics (morphological features, paleodemography and paleopathology) of the population inhabiting Nubia from the end of the Upper Paleolithic till the 16th century BC. The material basis for this work consisted of the collections of bones coming from the archeological researches carried out in Nubia.
- ItemCorrelations between selected fatness indices and total body fat estimated by means of the impedance method(Polskie Towarzystwo Antropologiczne, 1999) Socha, MałgorzataThe aim of the present work was the evaluation of measures of total body fat and distribution of adipose tissue, including the new conicity index, and their correlation with total body fat (in kg and %) estimated by means of the impedance method. Moreover, attention was paid to the bilateral differentiation of fat distribution. The basis for the analyses and comparisons was a group of 186 females of various age. Using cluster analysis and factor analysis for fatness measures, it was shown that the measures under study form two distinctly separate groups referring to different aspects of fatness: total body fat, and adipose tissue distribution.
- ItemPolish anthropology on the eve of the new millennium(Polskie Towarzystwo Antropologiczne, 1999) Drozdowski, ZbigniewAuthor summarizes the main achievements of Polish anthropology in the 20th century, presents the main research problems of this discipline in contemporary Poland and points at the potential dangers which may be faced by Polish anthropology in the forthcoming years.