Now showing 1 - 5 of 25
- ItemTekstualność i teatralność(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Popczyk-Szczęsna, BeataThe book by Patrice Pavis Le theatre contemporain. Analyse des textes, de Sarraute k Vinaver comprises the collection of essays on the contemporary French drama. The author proposes the textual analysis, which takes into account all levels of the composition of discourse. The reception of a drama is understood in terms of stage production made by a reader; because in the process of reading he both reproduces the dramatic situation (semantic aspect) and he decodes the situation of expression (stage aspect). The above mentioned mode of reading may be applied not only to drama. Two texts have been analyzed in the article: the poem Terrorysta, on patrzy (The terrorist, he is watching) by Wisława Szymborska - an example of a lyrical statement constructed in a similar way as the theatrical situation and the drama Terroryści (Terrorists) by Ireneusz Iredyński - an example of text, which is characterized by the predominance of rhetoric over theatricality. The meaning of these works results from the oscillation between the structure of text and its theatrical potential.
- ItemSztuka religijna dawniej i dziś - Wędrówki po Europie Aleksandry Olędzkiej-Frybesowej(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Choińska, BognaThe article presents a peculiar understanding of religious art, which is possible to be found in Aleksandra Olędzka-Frybesowa's essay writing. An artistic easiness of the usage of symbols is connected with two orders coexistance in a human being: a cosmic and a historical, sacrum and profanum. However, the crisis of European culture (which started together with the fali of Romanesque art) is a result of a separation of these both spheres in a man's consciousness and of a return to Greek-Roman ideals. A recipe for dealing with the crisis within the area of the fine arts is supposedly not regaining early medieval heritage, but rather a humble mimetism. It could constitute an introduction to symbolic generałisation which the author contradicts with abstract thinking.
- ItemMetafora w kulturze popularnej. Przypadek graffiti(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Kraska, MariuszThe author acknowledges graffiti as a medium creating its own situation of communication. Referring to Scott Lash conception of regime of signification, he underlines that graffiti is critical and destructive to official cultural discourse. This is a kind of anarchistic revolt which is shown within graffiti by a metaphor. It means, unlike to other writings of culture, invalidation of a cognitive function to pragmatic one. One can prove that graffiti metaphor, as a kind of activity, is mainly used in language and through it. In the field of poetics it is presented by destruction of generał language forms, irony and humor, quotation and spelling variations as well as vulgarisms and purnonsens.
- ItemLiteratura do oglądania? Proza polska po 1989 roku pod naporem kultury wizualnej(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Lachman, MagdalenaThe article investigates the relationship between Polish fiction and a variety of aspects of visual culture. Contemporary culture has reached a stage in which images hołd central position. Consequently, word, as a medium of communication, is marginalised in favour of visual ways of conveying messages. Novels which have appeared after 1989 provide more than enough examples of close links between literature and visuality. Writers themselves are engaged in various projects which depart from traditional literature based on written text and engage in multi-media projects related to film, photography, advertisement or simply visual arts. Moreover, literary criticism accompanying new literature often falls back on visual imagery taken straight from visual arts; most literary reviewers find it handy to employ terms and concepts developed in the field of film criticism or used in writing about comic books and television. What is more, some writers take pride in creating literature designed to be watched rather than read. The inner mechanisms of literary market seem to promote visuality over textuality. Writers and critics want and love to occupy TV screens; they cultivate their public image and turn it into a marketable logo. Many PR strategies are involved to achieve fuli recognition of their name and work. The implied assumption behind these strategies is that literature alone is not attractive enough to be left outside of the reach of powerful media. This assumption can be seen not only in writers' public appearances but also in novels they write. Motifs, self-conscious comments, form and structure as well as typographic layout on the page are the basie means to emphasise that visuality remains at least as important as written text. The article presents the most significant devices used to visualise literature after 1989. Furthermore, it compares contemporary fiction with the modernist literature where most of these techniques originated from.
- ItemKolaż - rzeźbienie rzeczywistości(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2007) Karpowicz, AgnieszkaThe birth of the technique of collage in the XXth century is the attempt to break through the borders between art and life. The art abandons fiction, for the first time annexing into its field waste and splinters of reality and next entering the real life. Anthropological understanding of artistic phenomena enables alternative to poststructuralist and postmodern view on the art of collage. It allows a constructive question to the phenomena to be posed and answered: what collage constructs, what it expresses and to what it reacts, whether it expresses the new consciousness? The slogan: "life itself is art and art is life" is the effect of collage, which participates in all genres and artistic forms that attempt to embrace non-artistic activities, melt into the sequence of events, act in the real space, conduct single actions, blowing over like events in the real life. Making art may be understood as the synonym for humanity. With the use the collage technique artists realize first of all that the artistic activity is part of reality and natural consequence of creative potential of humankind. Collage teaches how to locate pieces of art among other creative work. The collage technique shows that the Art is an everyday creation and output.