- ItemSome Terminological Inconsistencies in Norwegian Syntax(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 1984) Skommer, GrzegorzThe subject of the author's considerations is the lack of agreement in the classification of subordinate sentences in Polish and Norwegian grammar. The author suggests that there is a need to base this classification on the relevant parts of a sentence, and not on parts of speech. In this way one can avoid confusion in the acquisition of subordinate clause of the Norwegian language by Poles learning Norwegian.
- ItemPhonemic Interpretation of Loan-words from North Germanic Languages in Polish(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 1984) Awedyk, SławaThere are about 30 borrowings from North-German languages in Polish. They are concerned with broad cultural phenomena of these countries. Phonological analysis of loan-words from North-German languages shows that most of them entered Polish in their written form.
- ItemKonfrontativer Vergleich der Nomina agentis im Deutschen und Polnischen(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 1984) Storczyk, IrenaThe article is an attempt at the description of formations, known in linguistics as nomina agentis (names of the actor), comparisons of structural types, occurring in German and Polish, and at showing both similarities and differences between them, and their participation in the construction of formation of the typical word-formational morphemes.
- ItemEllipse in den deutschen und polnischen Dialogen(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 1984) Prokop, IzabelaThe article includes in first part the review of some definitions of elliptic constructions, in particular a presentation of views of Soviet linguists. In part two the author describes and classifies elliptic utterances. The corpus are 32 dialogues taken from belles-lettres.
- ItemDer Ausdruck der Modalität der Verallgemeinerung im Deutschen und Polnischen(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 1984) Ölender, MariaThe article takes up the problem of modality and is especially an attempt at establishing equivalences between German and Polish. On the basis of unilateral and selective method of confrontation the author analyses the relevant modality particles and establishes equivalents on the Polish side. Conclusions are concerned with inter-linguistic differences and similarities in the scope investigated by the author.