- ItemConnotations culturelles dans la perspective humboldtienne. Étude comparative des unités phraséologiques du français et du polonais(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2001) Dyoniziak, JolantaThe main idea of this article is to indicate the relation of language and culture through reference to Humboldtian philosophy of language and some linguistic theories which lake up this problem. The analysis presented here deals with cultural connotations of idiomatic expressions and assuming that languages are representations that render the spirit of nations, it illustrates particular aspects of relationship between language and culture, namely: - placing expressions in the cultural specificity of particular communities, - difficulties encountered while translating them into another language, which are connected with differences in illustrating them (giving their picture). Examples collected in the further part are to show a certain group of these idiomatic expressions which are motivated immediately by social reality that is specific of either the Polish or the French nation.
- ItemMorfonologia limbii romàne. I. Paradigmatica. O abordare teoretică pe baza materialului verbal(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2001) Cychnerski, TomaszThis paper is the first of a series o f articles devoted to the morphonology o f contemporary Romanian. Its aim is to introduce the main notions o f the morphonological paradigmatics, such as morphonological alternation, its types, functions and conditioning. The theoretical apparatus is illustrated with examples of Romanian verbal inflection.
- ItemComment (re)connaître et traduire la signification des mots d ’une langue étrangère(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2001) Florczak, JacekAssuming that a profound knowledge of a second language is impossible without the knowledge about the language itself, the author’s aim is to present the classical linguistic methods of meaning analysis as helpful tools in the formation and development of second language semantic competence at the advanced and intermediate levels. These methods operate on one language and decompose a word’s meaning into relevant and discrete features. They vary from the logical analysis of features common to all referents denoted by a word, through the semic analysis of words compared in semantic fields, to the componential analysis which determines the range of a word’s use in context. While all these analyses concern the semantic norm, the discursive content is the object of research of the interpretative analysis and translation, where the realization of meaning in discourse is always a function of semantic norm and where the lack of knowledge of the normative content leads directly to faulty or strange translations.
- ItemÉtude des modèles de texte sur l ’exemple de la note de service(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2001) Matek, IwonaThe memo, a kind of company’s internal correspondence, is a very interesting material for investigation due to its highly formalised character. The linguistic analysis based on text models is aimed at arriving at the French standard of the memo. The first part of the article discusses basic aspects of text models. Next, a structural and formulative model of the French memo is presented. This model then undergoes a thorough linguistic analysis which is to show the interrelations between the participants of the communication act. Finally, the article concentrates on those elements of verbal communication which decide about proper understanding and, consequently, about the effectiveness of a given text.
- Item«L'Idéal sous les voiles de l’ électricité». A propos de «L'Ève future» de Villiers de l ’Isle-Adam(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2001) Malinowski Wiesław, MateuszThe article discusses an extremely idealistic message of the 1886 novel L ’Ève future by Villiers de l’lsle-Adam. The motif of an artificial woman constructed by a genius scientist is a pretext for philosophical and metaphysical meditation on human fate, an attempt to reach - through art - the deepest mysteries of the spiritual world set against shallow visible reality. The subject matter and rhetorics of the work is an expressive illustration of symbolism in the field of French novel.