Now showing 1 - 5 of 22
- ItemNiemcy w procesie integracji europejskiej na tle kryzysu greckiego(Wydział Nauk Politycznych i Dziennikarstwa Uniwersytetu im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, 2012) Michalak, JakubGermany in the process of European integration and the Greek crisis Gerhard Schröder’s appointment as Chancellor of Germany in 1998 marked the first clear signs of Germany’s emancipation from the EU’s decision-making center in Brussels. It was,however, only after 2008, when the global economic crisis resonated across Europe, that Berlin maturely redefined its European policy priorities. Following that, the federal government gained more confidence in applying international policy tools to protect the German raison d’état in the Old Continent. For this reason Chancellor Angela Merkel has made the struggle with the financial problems of the eurozone one of the priorities of her second-term in office. The quality of bi- lateral cooperation between the leaders of Germany and France plays an important role in this respect, especially in view of Nicolas Sarkozy’s defeat in the latest presidential election. François Hollande has already proved that Paris has a different attitude to the issue of the redistri- bution of the eurozone members’ debt than Germany, and reaching a consensus will require the CDU leader to be more submissive than before. Angela Merkel is aware of the ongoing reconfiguration of European political alliances, therefore she is prepared to soften Germany’s diplomatic language to maintain the stability of the European currency, to which Germany owes its current position in Community decision-making structures. The main focus of this paper is to explore the formula of „European solidarity” of Germany in the context of the eurozone debt crisis, with particular emphasis on the case of the Hellenic Republic. Angela Merkel’s standpoint is tested in the context of German-French cooperation with respect to the eurozone debt clearing policy.
- ItemNiemiecki model polityki społecznej na tle regulacji Unii Europejskiej(Wydział Nauk Politycznych i Dziennikarstwa Uniwersytetu im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, 2012) Baran, PaulinaThe German model of social policy and the European Union regulations. The essential objective of the paper is to present the German model of social policy as compared to the social solutions adopted in the European Union. The author analyzes the transformations of social policy, established by virtue of the Treaty on the European Union, The Nice Treaty and Lisbon Treaty, among other documents. The further part of the paper presents the main as sumptions of the German model of the welfare state. The author concludes with a suggestion that, at a time of global financial crisis, both the European Union and Germany will need to change their social policies.
- ItemStosowanie Karty Praw Podstawowych Unii Europejskiej: Protokół brytyjski i Sprawozdania ze stosowania KPP UE(Wydział Nauk Politycznych i Dziennikarstwa Uniwersytetu im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, 2012) Księżniakiewicz, MalwinaThe application of the European Union Charter of Fundamental Rights: the British Protocol and the Reports on the Application of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights The first part of the paper analyzes the content of the British Protocol and the justification for its drafting. It also presents individual standpoints, and in particular Polish responses which triggered a general discussion, as was the case with the Charter of Fundamental Rights. Another part of the paper is devoted to analyzing the Reports on the Application of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights, published annually since the Chart came into effect in 2010. The reports discuss issues that were successfully resolved, as well as those continuing to pose a challenge for the EU.
- ItemKwestia cypryjska: przebieg i konsekwencje rokowañ w latach 2008–2012(Wydział Nauk Politycznych i Dziennikarstwa Uniwersytetu im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, 2012) Osiewicz, PrzemysławThe Cyprus issue: the course and outcomes of the 2008–2012 negotiations. The main aim of the article was the presentation of the tendencies of economic relations development of the European Union with the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China in the conditions of globalisation. The success of the Russian political leaders in their bilateral relations with the European Union show how important, in the mutual is approaching, are the rules and effectiveness of the international system built up in the past sixty years. An objective interest of the transatlantic community is therefore to the west, for safe and prosperous Russia, was idealistic and at the same time realistic. At the same time as it is also important, that Russia and not Africa whether the Middle East, is for Europe force, with the strategic nature. In the long term, to the european economy effectively and permanently follow in globalisation processes and that term was competitive with, Russia and China must first become innovative economy. In terms of prospective it should be emphasised that the best hope for the peaceful development of the international cooperation offers the most important actors contemporary on the world stage.
- ItemKoordynacja polityki fiskalnej i pieniężnej strefy euro w obliczu kryzysu finansowego(Wydział Nauk Politycznych i Dziennikarstwa Uniwersytetu im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, 2012) Skrzypczyńska, JoannaThe coordination of the eurozone’s fiscal and monetary policy in the face of the economic crisis. The financial crisis of 2008 has subjected the eurozone to a serious test. Is it feasible to achieve an effective co-ordination of fiscal and monetary policy in the eurozone? Given the circumstances, what role will the European Central Bank play, and what will be the role of Member States? The aim of this paper is to analyze the opportunities for greater coordination of fiscal and monetary policy in the eurozone given the current economic crisis. The first part of the paper presents the principles of monetary policy, its objectives and tasks. The role of the European Central Bank in the development of this policy and monetary policy instruments used to mitigate the consequences of declining confidence in the eurozone are also examined. The second part of the paper concentrates on the objectives and functions of fiscal policy. The last part discusses selected instruments for closer cooperation of the eurozone countries in terms of fiscal policy.