Now showing 1 - 5 of 9
- ItemWspółczesne próby opisania narodu. Typologia stanowisk(Wydawnictwo Naukowe WNPiD UAM w Poznaniu, 2020) Wójcik, Stanisław
- ItemAdded Value of Cross-Border Cooperation (CBC) for the Georgia-Azerbaijan Border Regions(Wydawnictwo Naukowe WNPiD UAM w Poznaniu, 2020) Dvalishvili, TinatiniThe European context of cooperation across borders demonstrates how it engages all stakeholders from a variety of territorial levels in an intensive, collaborative dialog. This approach makes bordering regions more resilient to current and predictable threats, and is largely focused on the practical problem-solving of local needs. Regardless of the (non)material benefits the European cross-border perspective provides, the situation remains very different in the Azerbaijan-Georgia cross-border reality, where the traditional understanding of borders continues to prevail. A field inquiry has shown that territorial local communities have not had a homogenous attitude towards the borderline and their neighbors, and that local municipalities lack the power and credibility to deal with local challenges autonomously. Unlike the European CBC, this cross-border context does not include the elements of bottom-up cross-border planning and locally institutionalized forms of collaboration.
- ItemActivities of the Council of Europe in ensuring the human right to information: issues of compliance with the modern challenges of democracy(Wydawnictwo Naukowe WNPiD UAM w Poznaniu, 2020) Danylenko, Serhii; Shustenko, SofiiaIn the article, the authors review and systematize the activities of the Council of Europe in ensuring one of the key factors of liberal democracy – freedom of expression, which is a prerequisite for the implementation of a number of other rights and freedoms. The authors categorize the basic documents, both those that have already become classics and those adopted recently, where this phenomenon has found legal consolidation. It studies the way in which it affects the formation and development of the human right to information in Europe. Attention is drawn to the fact that, with the emergence of new ways of disseminating information, including the potential of the internet first and foremost, the accumulation of information and the European community’s efforts to protect this fundamental democratic right, its further strengthening remains urgent. The Council of Europe has lost control over the observance of the human right to information, and information is used with destructive intent, which poses a danger to one of the fundamental values on the basis of which European society operates today, and raises the risk of the restoration of authoritarianism. First and foremost, there is a threat of authoritarianism in the new democracies of Eastern Europe. The global COVID-19 pandemic and the recession of the world economy, which encourages citizens to choose authoritarian leaders, may be the trigger for slipping into authoritarianism.
- ItemMilorad Dodik’s Use of Contentious Rhetoric in (De)constructing Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Identity: A Discourse-Historical Analysis(Wydawnictwo Naukowe WNPiD UAM w Poznaniu, 2020) Beglerović, NađaThe article explores Milorad Dodik’s rhetoric and nationalist discourse in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). It seeks to shed light on the intricacies of the politics of the current Serb member of the tripartite Presidency of BiH by analyzing a number of television interviews and the speeches Dodik delivered at the celebration of the RS Day on January 9, 2017–2020. Unfortunately, BiH continues its struggle with divisive identity politics, which perpetuates the nationalist paradigm of the nation. Identity politics plays an integral part in the construction of “we” versus “them,” and underlies the lack of a “national identity.” The analysis will reveal Dodik’s political strategies and offer a glimpse into his ideology and views of BiH as well as his vision and long-term objectives for the Republika Srpska (RS). Moreover, the article examines linguistic practices and seeks to answer the following research questions: how does Dodik view BiH, and what are his long-term goals for RS? Has identity politics influenced the emergence of referendums in RS? What could the referendums proposed and already held in the RS mean for the future of BiH and its national identity?
- ItemГосударство и медиа в контексте глобализации коммуникационной системы(Wydawnictwo Naukowe WNPiD UAM w Poznaniu, 2020) Nesteriak [Нестеряк], Julia [Юлия]; Cisak [Цисак], Wojciech [Войцех]Статья рассматривает формирование современной коммуникационной системы, обусловленное развитием новых технологий, а также роль СМИ в дальнейшем укреплении открытости общества и прозрачности государственного управления. В частности, обсуждается использование Интернета в украинской, европейской и мировой системах государственного управления. Подчеркивается необходимость использования новых медиа в процессе информирования общественности о правительстве и государственной деятельности.