- ItemQuelques considérations sur les relations dans les séries synony-miques sur l'exemple des adjectifs français et polonais(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2008) Tkaczyk, MagdalenaThe article presents a brief overview of the results of research on synonymity including different views and various ways of defining the problem. The author then goes on to emphasize the important role of context in the description of the analyzed items. She also includes the notion of connotation closely connected with the chosen material. The present article describes typical relations between French and Polish synonymous adjectives series.
- ItemUna breve sintesi sulla presenza degli anglicismi nel settore delle lingue speciali riguardo all 'italiano contemporaneo(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2008) Szpingier, BeataThis article presents the classification and description of borrowings from the English language in the sector of special languages with reference to contemporary Italian. The present times are characterized by multiplicity of linguistic variants. Different, ready-made solutions to are observed this complex situation.
- ItemExemple au service de la spiritualité conjugale : les couples royaux dans « Le Livre de la vertu du sacrement de mariage » de Philippe de Mézières(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2008) Loba, AnnaThe reading of the didactic works dedicated to the feminine public at the end of the Middle Ages teaches us that their authors treat the marriage as a natural vocation of the woman and although they are not indifferent to the religious dimension of the conjugal reality, it is the terrestrial and profane aspect that interests them more. So the works such as the Livre pour l'enseignement de ses filles of Geoffroy de La Tour Landry, Mesnagier de Paris and even Le Livre des Trois Vertus of Christine de Pizan appear in the form of textbooks in which the women can find any sort of rules, even practical advice on how to become a good wife and how to make a successful marriage. Among these books concerning the conjugal savoirfaire, the treaty of Philippe de Mézières Le Livre de la Vertu du sacrament de marriage et reconfort des dames mariés (1385-1389) occupies a very particular place. At first because the material sphere and everyday life of the life of a couple interest him only marginally, then because he turns all his attention to the essence of the marriage. Through his return in the spiritual conceptions of the marriage Philippe de Mézières anticipates his time. By putting in the heart of the marriage the love, by putting the love as the foundation of the marital union, he contributes to the advent of the modern couple which will triumph only after the Council of Thirty.
- ItemQualche riflessione sulla relazione fra il significato e il significante: natura e classificazione dei gesti quasi-linguistici diretti(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2008) Szarota, BeataThe article presents the classification of symbolic and conventional gestures used in communication otherwise known as quasi-linguistic gestures. The author classified them into two types i.e. direct gestures and indirect gestures otherwise known as linguistic calques. In the present article the first type is presented in detail with a division into the following subtypes deictic, iconic, symbolic and ideographic-metaphoric. Some examples from Polish and Italian are also provided.
- ItemTéte-à-téte avec Hamlet ou Jules Laforgue et George Rodenbach suites sur les pas de William Shakespeare(Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 2008) Lewandowska, AlicjaThe aim of the paper at hand is to find parallel elements between the following two texts: Jules Laforgue's Hamlet, ou les suites de la piété filiale (1886) and George Rodenbach's Bruges-la-Morte (1892), in relation to William Shakespeare's play. Our analysis is of a three-level character. Firstly, it is concerned with a comparison of biographies of the two 19th century authors. Secondly, it takes into its scope the plot events of both texts in question. Thirdly, it attempts to explain the linguistic transposition of poetry into prose. The final goal of this perusal is a demarcation of common points of reference between the three texts, which, in turn, is to prove Hamlet's intertextuality.